Christ Church was built in 1838 as a daughter church to All Saints', which is situated in the centre of town. In 1852 Christ Church became a separate parish and serves the area of Arleston and south Wellington. The church building has has been home to generations of Christians and serves a parish
population of around 6000. The building, external and internal, is traditional in style. Among the stained glass are seven 20th Century windows
depicting scenes from the Book of Revelation. In the tower is the Great Bell weighing two tons and cast for the centenary of the building in 1938.
(Right) Two of the Revelation windows.
1: Revelation 8 verses 2 - 5
"An angel stood at the altar holding a golden censer with much incense to offer with the prayers of all God's people"
2: Revelation 1 verses 10 - 13